Six Henri IV style five-light gilded bronze wall sconces
Six Henri IV style five-light gilded bronze wall sconces (French, c. 1900) made by Maison Baguès of Paris, installed in the library of The Elms. Each sconce has a back plate in two circular sections supporting a baluster turned standard with five S-scroll acanthus-clad candle arms. Each arm has a circular lobed drip pan and a frosted glass shade decorated with leaf designs. The turned standard terminates in a large lobed ball centering on a band of raised medallions and lion masks.
28" x 30.5" x 20"
Purchased by The Preservation Society of Newport County, 1962.
For more information about this item, please contact its owning institution.