A Pair of Built-in Buffet Side Tables
A pair of built-in buffet side tables (Italian, c. 1876) designed by the Florentine master wood carver Luigi Frullini (Italian, 1839-1897), located in the Dining Room of Chateau-sur-Mer. The rectangular tops of the tables have cantered corners and a molded foliate rim above a Vitruvian scroll band. The tops are raised on angled out supports with square raised relief panels carved with fruiting vines and brackets in the form of winged putti holding clusters of fruit. The installation of these buffet side tables, flanking the entrance of the Dining Room, was part of Richard Morris Hunt’s 1870s redesign of Chateau-sur-Mer.
43" x 82" x 27.5"
Purchased by The Preservation Society of Newport County, 1969.
For more information about this item, please contact its owning institution.